Wednesday, March 9, 2011

When you were gone ….



When somebody leaves they just leave emptiness behind... Which fills up after a while but time takes its tests and makes sure you become stronger and feel every bit of emotion. Could not help but write it down cos this is something that helps me unwind, let out and leave some things behind . .

A beautiful verse that I had heard and that stayed on my mind “Jis manzil ka koi mukaam nahin hota, usse ek khubsoorat mod pe chhodd dena hi acha hai …. ”

I saw you in people, amongst strangers, between friends. Realized that you were gone.
I saw you in places where we had been together, never found you there anymore. Realized you were gone.
I felt you were around when I saw movies, saw that you were not sitting next to me. Realized you were gone.
I heard songs and felt you were singing them for me. I realized you were gone.
I applied my nail paint and picked my hands for you to see. I realized you were gone.
I sat on the terrace sipping my coffee, looked around and saw the view. I realized you were gone.
I heard my ringtone every time my cell rang and saw who was calling, it wasn’t you. I realized you were gone.
I saw someone smoking and holding that cigarette in his hand. I realized you were gone.
I saw a beach. I realized you were gone.
I bought a new dress. I realized you were gone.
I logged on FB, Gtalk … I realized you were gone.
I saw Smirnoff. I realized you were gone.

I realized that no matter what I saw I knew you won’t come back. It does not make anything easy for me, I’m not happy about any of this. But that’s how it is and life is not that simple.

You were the sand in my hand which slipped away just as quickly I tried to grip it. And then I realized you were gone, gone for good or bad I won’t know, but gone…

4 comments:

PhilO♥ said...

I can totally relate to your post. It's hard to believe that someone who was a part of our life, is no longer around!
Moving on is not easy, but in the end everything happens for good. At least, that is what I believe in.
Every broken relationship makes us stronger.
Take care! :)

Smriti said...

thanks Philo : )

M glad u cud relate ... !!

Blunt Edges said...

Loved the "Jis manzil.." quote. Interesting, but dunno how practical.

The healing process begins, not when we realize that the person is gone, but when we ACCEPT that he/she is gone.

Take care buddy :)

Smriti said...

Will do blunty ;)
We learn our lessons wen we go thru situations especially tough ones. And while making peace wit smethin we try evrything.. Thts whr the "quote"gives hope for a happy tomo :) :)

Sad post ... I knw... Don't knw if it was worth the space on my blog...

Nehw thanks for reading it :) :) :)