Saturday, November 14, 2009

Mood swings… And swinging the moods…

I rarely get depressed. But when I do it takes a lot of effort from my side to snap out of it. And I know that only I can help myself from such a state of mind. So things that I do to get into a good mood, to get to my usual self, i.e. Smiling self..

Well firstly I listen to songs, all kinds of songs. Some that remind me of close friends, some that remind me of nice moments and some that are peppy. I sing along, although I don’t really sing well. Ah, well I can’t sing at all. But then everyone need not be a great singer to have some good time … I dance too, in front of the mirror or in front of my mamma. And my mom feels I’ve gone mad. But yaa it’s a good stress buster.

I buy something when I want to feel better. Shopping is my weakness n m a self confessed shopaholic. Malls are paradise for me. I have even shopped alone, many times. Bought clothes after having long discussions with sales people. Some find that weird but that helps me talk to some1 absolutely out of my routine life. Good therapy especially when you wanna get out of your routine surroundings. I shop for clothes, shoes, clothes, cosmetics, clothes and some more clothes… and some more…



One great way to feel nice and feel loved is to call some good friend. I always try and stay in touch with all good people I know. And on such particular moments I call friends and talk to them. Or meet them and binge on food. Or go for a movie or shop (again that word...). Long chats with friends can make your heart smile. I feel blessed to actually say that I have few close friends who I can call at anytime and they will patiently listen to wat eva I have got to say. Sometimes it’s best to get the load off your brain by talking it out.

And last but not the least, at all… I love to write about how I feel. All is documented and well under a password. Ya no access kinda thing. I write it all down so that I can know what m truly feeling. That’s when I can think rationally, the right and wrong of things and the solution (if there is one required). This is one time where I can truly be myself and write whatever I feel inside. Cos sometimes we can’t express everything to a person. After few days I read all that I have written. Sometimes I laugh, sometimes I cry, sometimes I learn new things about myself and sometimes I just remember the good and bad moments of my life and say to myself ‘move on’…

Why m I writing this!! Well I was in one such mood today and I just sat and cried for no reason. Then I called my friend (thanks buddy) and decided for a movie. Unlucky me I could get no tickets for the movie I wanted to watch. But then we still met up and hogged on pizza. I laughed out loudly. We talked, we talked about weird things, about life, about his credit card bills, school days… I showed him my double shade crazy nail paint idea (another one of my ‘get urself outta depression’ therapy and it works)…

Now m listening to songs and in a better mood. Wish I could get a biggggg hug now.. But then I know even without it I’ll still be fine. *smiling* *shaking my head as the song plays* and the song is “I know u wan me.. U know I wantcha!!”

6 comments:

Deepika Taneja said...

brilliant work!!!!!

Smriti said...

Thanks a lot :)

Unknown said...

aww.. that was touchy!!!

i relate myself a lot with u!!!!!

Smriti said...

thanks a lot ....

Ya we do think alike in more ways than one.. :)

Blunt Edges said...

don't we all love happy endings! :D

glad u snapped out of the bad mood...n even more glad that i read it late...coz i don't have 2 say it will all be fine ;)

Smriti said...

@ blunt edges.. Yaa snapped outta it pretty quickly... mostly such mood swings happen wen i hav nothin to do ova a weekend n then i strt thinkin a lot..!! :)
PS: thanks for comments and for reading..